Kelty Journey 2.0 Child Carrier

I gave my body 6 months to recover from childbirth and once the baby turned 6 months, I was excited to unearth the Kelty Journey child carrier that I received for Mother’s Day. 

How To Load Baby:
Set the carrier on the ground and unhook the shoulder straps.  You can also unhook the leg straps but at 6 months, the baby’s legs easily slid through the leg holes without the need to unhook the leg straps.  Re-hook the shoulder straps and tighten.

When I first loaded the baby into the carrier, he slid down into it a lot.  I then discovered that you can adjust the crotch so that the baby is lifted higher.

There are several features that I enjoy about the Kelty Journey 2.0:
  1. Stand – After an arduous leg of hiking, it’s nice to be able to unload the backpack and set it down and have it stand on its own.  The baby was pretty happy to stay in it too and everybody’s hands are free to eat lunch.
  2. Sun shade – I truly appreciate the sunshade that keeps the baby from getting a lot of sun while hiking.  
  3. Compartments - There are three compartments on the Kelty Journey.  I left the top for the bunny's stuff.  The bottom compartment I used to load the baby's stuff.  There is also a water compartment which we haven't used.  I decided to carry water for both of us to save him the weight.

There are also several features I'd like to improve about the Kelty Journey 2.0:
  1. The shoulder straps are not adjustable and they're pretty loose around my 6-mo old.  We have to be careful not to swing the carrier too much when loading him up.


Baby Hiking List:
Sunblock
Bug spray
Hat

Formula – bottles, powder
Binky
Diapers
Cloth diaper

Rainjacket
Change of clothes

http://www.kelty.com/p-609-journey-20.aspx

Comments